'I didn’t know I could do lots of the things I have done!' a previous participant in a Furtherfield workshop
Create your creature, give it expression!
Adults and children drop in for free to The O2 Centre, London, any time between 12-4pm on Sat 13, Sun 14 and Sun 21 September 2014.
Part of the touring exhibition Digital Zoo
WORKSHOPS IMAGES FROM TRINITY LEEDS (15, 16 and 23 February 2014)
WORKSHOPS IMAGES FROM LEWISHAM SHOPPING CENTRE (05, 06, 12 and 13 April 2014)
WORKSHOPS IMAGES FROM THE WHITE ROSE, LEEDS (30 and 31 August 2014)
• Workshop for children aged 6-11.
• 30-60 minute session run by Furtherfield Outreach Team.
• Children will explore art, technology and nature in a creative workshop.
• Children will create an artwork/final outcome to take home or display at the venue.
For more information please contact Alessandra Scapin, Furtherfield Producer.
What will happen?
• Children will explore the ideas behind Crow_sourcing, an artwork by Andy Deck that uses Twitter to collect people’s animal expressions. Technology can distance us from nature, but through language, we are reminded of a time when we were much closer to animals and the natural world.
• Children will explore what crowd sourcing is and how Andy Deck uses it to create unpredictable interaction between people.
• Children will work collaboratively to create new creatures, using the Surrealist technique of Exquisite Corpse. They will explore the attributes of their creature to create soundscape recordings and a new animal idiom.
Coming soon at The O2 Centre, London
255, Finchley Road, London NW3 6LU
Saturday 13 September 2014, 12-4pm
Sunday 14 September 2014, 12-4pm
Sunday 21 September 2014, 12-4pm
Previous participants in Furtherfield workshops said
“I didn’t know I could do lots of the things I have done.”
“I just feel so inspired to be creative.”